A lot of people (including my parents!) have no idea what a film producer actually does or what I do on a daily basis.
So, I wanted to give some insight into what’s involved with running a Film & TV production company and how I manage a number of different projects at various stages of the production pipeline.
This image is taken from a pitch document we’ve created for an upcoming TV Series, Straight Up. This is the first series I’ve been involved in developing (and will hopefully produce) so I’m pumped to submit a development application and start pitching the film to major streaming platforms and broadcasters
Here are some of the other things we’re up to at Exile Entertainment this week:
- Submitting an offset application to finance post-production on a new feature film (details coming soon!)
- Promo for upcoming cinema release of feature film How Do You Know Chris? (get your tickets now: https://www.howdoyouknowchris.com.au/)
- COVID budgeting and setting down production timeline for new feature film, Slant, scheduled for production in Feb 2021
- Raising additional private finance for Voices in Deep (we’re constantly searching for money on projects!)
- Finalise distribution agreement for Paper Champions (announcement coming soon – keep an eye out)
- Outreach to find new filmmakers and projects to collaborate with (if you know of anyone trying to get their film up I’d love to hear from them)
- Managing our growing community of filmmakers in the Exile Accelerator program
If you’re interested in building a production company, or are simply trying to get a film off the ground, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!